This is a deliciously simple and very healthy breakfast…but we admit to eating it well past the morning hours! If you love avocado as much as we do you will LOVE this easy, 3-ingredient treat. Here’s how to do it:
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Slice a fresh avocado in half – one for each person – and remove the pit.
- Scoop out about 2 teaspoons of the avocado from around where the pit was. This is where the egg will go, so you need about that much room.
- Place your avocado halves in a small baking dish where they fit snugly.
- Crack open an egg and empty it into one of the avocado halves, making sure that the yolk is in the hole you scooped out and the whites of the egg fill in the space around it. Repeat into each avocado half.
- Put your baking dish with the avocado halves and eggs into the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes. The cook time will vary depending on the size of your eggs and avocados, just keep an eye and make sure that your egg whites have enough time to set.
- When time is up, remove your dish from the oven, then season with The Texas Gourmet’s Sidewinder Searing Spice or Riverbed Steak Seasoning, chives, tomatoes, and any other garnish you like.
- Serve with toast, or Hunters Quick Dirty Rice.