This recipe for “dirty rice” is a great side dish for fall meals, and it’s delicious all on its own!
- 2 Cups minute style rice
- 1 Can chicken broth
- 1 Cup water
- 1 Green onion chopped well
- 1 T. Sidewinder Searing Spice
- 4 oz. Breakfast pan sausage (browned and strained)
- 1 Clove Garlic minced
- 2 t. Cumin
- 1 Cup Chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 t. Black pepper
- Simmer broth and water with all veggies and spices for 4-5 minutes.
- Add rice and cooked sausage.
- Bring to a good rolling boil; cover and turn off heat.
- Allow to sit for 5-7 minutes covered.
- Serve hot with main dish.